App developers need to stay up-to-date with modern innovations and technological trends. One of the current trends is using integrations to automate functions and provide a smoother user experience. An example of app integration is chatbot software, which saves money and time on all ends. This article will introduce you to chatbots, their benefits, and a case study of a nandbox chatbot used in an app.
What Are Chatbots?
Chatbots are programs that use artificial intelligence (AI) to simulate conversations with human users. They are powered by algorithms and programmed to respond to user input in a natural language such as English or Spanish. Developers use chatbots to provide customer service, answer questions, or even provide personalized recommendations. They are becoming increasingly popular as they offer a convenient way to communicate with businesses and individuals. nandbox provides an easy-to-use chatbot builder that allows developers to create and deploy their own custom chatbot. The nandbox chatbot can be integrated into any app and is available for iOS and Android.
Benefits of using a Chatbot
Save Time and Money
Chatbots can drastically reduce costs associated with customer service. Moreover, by automating the process, companies no longer need to hire personnel to handle customer inquiries. This saves time and money for the company, allowing them to focus on other aspects of their business.
Moreover, chatbots can provide 24/7 customer service, allowing customers to get answers to their questions at any time. Before, people would have to wait in queues to contact a customer service representative during office hours. That means only a limited amount of customers get served per day, but now, most people will get answers to their questions anytime.
Improved User Experience
Chatbots can provide a more personalized experience for users. By understanding user behavior, companies can tailor the customer experience to the individual user. Additionally, chatbots can provide accurate and timely responses to customer inquiries, reducing customer wait times and increasing customer satisfaction.
Less Human Interactions
They say the more you speak, the more you err. Luckily, with chatbots, your personnel donât need to talk to customers when itâs a general inquiry. Thereâs no need for your employees to get frustrated with repetitive customer inquiries or deal with moody or frustrated customers.
You can customize and configure your bot to show your brand how you want customers to view it. A chatbot will stay consistent when answering questions, leaving no room for making verbal mistakes.
Customers Prefer It
Most people dread customer service interactions, and we can understand why. If they find a chatbot feature in your app, they will appreciate it, which could help you retain them as app users.
The nandbox API/Bot
nandbox API/Bots are special accounts you create without a phone number or email that run as third-party applications to provide extra functionality by interfacing with the nandbox App ecosystem platform.
Types of Chatbots
Two types of chatbots are available to configure on the nandbox app builder. The first is the chat/API bot. Users can access it directly by opening a bot chat or indirectly by opening a specific group or channel.
The second type is the inline API/Bot, which allows users to inquire via an inline menu of requests or by typing the bot handle and writing the inquiry.
Features of the nandbox API/Bot
- An inline keypad menu: A unique nandbox feature that allows users to choose from predefined options. It can be used for voting, search filtering, and other purposes.
- Messages Editing: This is helpful when creating a messenger. Users can set up the bot to edit messages to reduce clutter and save time.
- If enabled, it can filter irrelevant messages in groups and channels.
- Deep linking chatbots: With that feature, you can add additional messages to redirect users to a website or URL.
Try the nandbox API/Bot!
Want to try out the nandbox API/Bot? Download the free nandbox messenger and create your bot. Simple as that. You will see the capabilities of the nandbox API/Bot and how you can capitalize on them to enhance your app.
How to Use the nandbox Messenger Bot
- Open Bot Manager in Settings
- Tap â+â
- Then, enter your Bot title limited to 32 characters
- Choose a bot type to determine its usage. You can either select âindividualâ or âbusinessâ.
- Enter Bot Description: a short text of up to 120 characters describing your bot. Users will see this text on the bot’s profile page, and when they share your bot, this text is sent together with the link.
- Enter the âaboutâ section, a short text of up to 512 characters describing your bot. Users will see this text at the beginning of the conversation with the bot.
- Give your bot a unique handle by providing your business email. Only you will be able to use that handle.
- After reserving your botâs handle, you can select the bot type from inline, private, and filter. Note that a private bot wonât appear in the search index to other users.
Ways to Use the nandbox Chatbot
- Add a poll in a chat or channel for users to vote for specific entries
- Direct users to your website using deep-linking
- Allow users to type the botâs handle to find what theyâre searching for. For example, if you configure a GIF bot, users can type its name to find and use any GIFs
- Answer inquiries and redirect complaints
How to Create and Manage a Bot in Your App
Firstly, log in to the administrative portal of your nandbox app. Go to the Bot Manager section and follow the instructions to create your first API/Bot.
Note that some API/Bot are already implemented by third-party vendors offered in the Bot marketplace, where you can add them to your nandbox App and determine their access level to the information within your app.
Chatbots are a fantastic tool for app developers as they provide a cost-effective and convenient way to interact with countless users. nandbox provides an easy-to-use chatbot builder that allows developers to create and deploy their own custom chatbot. Sign up and try it now.